Friday, March 11, 2011

Free Brent Corrigan School

THE BIG BOOK OF PEANUTS.Tutte strips of the 50s-CM Schulz

In the end, the beginning. We end with the bands of the '50s chronological collection of the complete works of Schulz. The let tor and will see the first steps of the good old Charlie Brown, when still was not as complex, but they are already posed some existential problem: when asked if he would like to be Abraham Lincoln replied that he had enough trouble to be a Charlie Brown.'ll see when Snoopy was just a puppy barking and still does not see its versatility, the thousand ru oils escape the imagination of its kind dog. The ncontrerĂ  for the first and only time the red-haired girl Charlie Brown for which he longed for fifty years, and characters that disappear with time : Violet, Patty, Frida, Shermy.


Usually, when goes a bit 'of time between a post and the other on this blog, or it is because I do not want to read (see review of The Reader), or I'm reading a boring book that I did not take, or because I am dedicated to reading of comics. In this case both are true the last two hypotheses. I'm struggling behind a book, I never want to read. At that point I decided to pull down from my book shelf of all the Peanuts strips from the 50s and reread.
I love Peanuts, even to the point of making us the degree thesis at the University. I love the way that these children have to see and tackling the big issues of life. I like their spontaneity and their frankness. I love co I can embody, in various characters, all the insecurities and fears of the people of this world. I read almost daily Peanuts strips catkins from q hen I was 13 years old and I grew up with them and I dealt with the events that life has put me in front. There is a strip of Pean uts for every occasion and every mood . For when we feel a bit 'Charlie Brown, isolated and hated by all in spite of our great heart. For when we feel Lucy (my favorite), unrequited love, cantankerous and unpredictable, too direct and honest, but deep down adorable. For when we feel Linus, have a great security when we falter in our private pool. For when we Peppermint Patty and Marcie, a sports nerd and the other. For when we W oodstock or Sally.
And then, well, then there's him, there Snoopy ... the beagle we all want to have.
So it is impossible not to love Peanut if not re manere stunned by the genius of their author, Schulz, who for fifty years has invented a strip every day for readers around the world, until had more strength to do so.

This volume collects all strips of the '50s. It is very impressive to see the characters in their early stages: a Charlie Brown less insecure in the early years, which gradually develops in many of the ato
its current features. Schroeder a newborn, when for the first time began to play his toy piano. Lucy from tiny, proud to get every year, the 'troublemaker No 1 ". And then the arrival of Linus and the beginning of his love for the deck. And yet the arrival of Sally and the presence of people like Patty, and Violet Shermy for years to disappear.
The most impressive of all is Snoopy, who in the early years is "only" a dog. He walks on all fours, does not speak and would indicate any of the properties that will develop over time. It will start to become the Snoopy that we all know only when he rises up and express his emotions.
But even so, the Peanuts are beautiful, even so acer bi and immature, because their talent is already there from the strip Oct. 2, 1950.
Read them, absolutely!

translation Note: ok, here I copy and paste my thesis, but I do not think you'll want to read 140 pages ... Some notes indispensable, but dampens the irony of the strips, but perhaps due to some questionable adaptation. In the original language is something else entirely. But even so, they deserve a lot.



PS: As always, click on images to enlarge


0 comments:

Post a Comment