Monday, June 28, 2010

Matrix Hair Color On African American Hair

How hard (for me) to translate a poem by Louis Aragon

translating poetry from French to Italian and vice versa, may always be an exhausting trial, as well as useless. I think of how many translations of Baudelaire and his magnificent Fleurs du Mal have read, there is none that (I) meets.
The translator has little or nothing, as we would like Baudelaire is not translatable. The same applies to Leopardi: Frenchified find what is horrible, really. A minor poet, one might say.
The fact is that our languages \u200b\u200b(each defines the other, each other, Alps) are similar in meaning to differences in sound.
The result is as true off-key (which does not happen between Italian and English, where the musicality of the two languages \u200b\u200bis always saved).
Yes, out of tune. What emerges is a simple task, the poem of a boy of medium. Not even to try to put it in rhyme (as is the lyric in the original version). Nah, not necessary.
And for me, this time I just can not help it.


Here's one example, the poetry of Louis Aragon, The n'y a pas d'amour heureux (1943), set to music (and therefore famous) by Georges Brassens, Léo Ferré, and then sung by Barbara, Françoise Hardy and many others.

Original
Nothing is ever granted to man Neither his strength nor his weakness
Neither his heart And when he believes her arms
Open shade is a cross
And when he believes his happiness tighten it grinds
His life is a strange and painful divorce
There is no happy love
her life she looks like these unarmed soldiers
That was dressed for a different destiny
What may be their
morning to get up at night They found idle uncertain
Say these words my life And hold back your tears There
no happy love
My beautiful love My dear my love I bear you
tear into me like a wounded bird
And those watch us pass without knowing
Repeat after me the words I have woven
And for your eyes straightway died
There is no happy love
time to learn to live it is already too late
That cry in the night our hearts in unison
What it takes for evil
lesser song of regret What you need to pay a shiver
What you need to tears for an air guitar
It There is no happy love
There is no love that is in pain
There is no love that can not be bruised
No Love that can not And not be stigmatized
more than you love the homeland
There is no love that does not live in tears
; There is no happy love
But our love to both
Louis Aragon (La Diane Francaise, Seghers 1944)


My version

Nothing is ever gained by man
Neither force nor weakness, nor his heart When do
open arms, the looming shadow of a cross
And when you think you have in hand, happiness, grinds
His life is a strange and painful divorce
there is no happy love
His life is like for those soldiers without weapons
other fate
harnessed to what ever they can serve as a alzarzi
early in the morning if we find them in the evening then idle undecided
say these words my life and hold back tears
there is no happy love
My beautiful love My dear love my wound
'll take you inside me like a wounded bird without knowing
And they are watching us go
repeating after me the words that intrecciai
for your eyes and immediately died
no happy love
time to learn to live and it is already too late to cry in
night our hearts in unison
much misery for a song
many regrets to pay for a thrill
How many plants for air guitar
no happy love
there is love that is not designed to pain
there is love there has injured
there is love there has crumpled
and as are love of country
love has no one who does not live with tears
there is no happy love
but there is the love of us, of us



taken from Louis Aragon, La Diane Française (Paris, Seghers, 1944)

I like the translation of Mark Costanzo (click here )

Françoise Hardy sings the poetry of Louis Aragon
--- --------------------------------------------
PS I wrote "set to music" instead of "music."

0 comments:

Post a Comment